Monday, 21 March 2011

Malang Tidak Berbau: A 10 year old child electrocuted in accident at playground

Updated 22 March 2011:

Probe into death of boy at playground

KUALA LUMPUR: The Energy Commission, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) and the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) are jointly investigating the death of an 11-year-old boy from electrocution last Saturday.

Read more: Probe into death of boy at playground

Original Post:

This is a needless accident and a tragic death of one so young:

10-year-old electrocuted in accident at playground

SHAH ALAM: A 10-year-old boy was electrocuted when he accidentally fell and touched an exposed high-voltage wire on a lamp post at a playground near his house. Source: The Star

Salam Takziah saya kepada bapa Allahyarham adik Mohd Naqiuddin Marzuki.

Even though the PDRM has classified the case as sudden death, I do think that the matter be investigated further to ascertain that there is no negligence involved:

1. In regular maintenance of the electrical light post, which maybe reported inspected but not really inspected properly.

2. Has there been a report of the lamp post being vandalised and its wiring left exposed but not attended to by the local authorities responsible for the lamp post.

There are lamp posts all over the country that could be exposed to our children, fatal accidents like these must be avoided.

The local authorities and TNB have a duty of care to ensure that children and adults are not exposed to live electricity due to faulty or vandalised connections. Malang Tidak Berbau.

No comments: