'The case of ‘Allah’s name in The Herald’ now closed. The decision made was that The Herald is not allowed to use the word ‘Allah’ in its publication. Fullstop'
'Are the Christians’ prayers unanswered now because they don’t pray to ‘Allah’? Was it answered before? Are the prayers of the Christians in the U.S answered because they don’t pray to ‘Allah’? You don’t know. Nobody knows'
'The truth is that, the Christians are only fighting for the rights to spread the religion through manipulation of the word ‘Allah’'
'Well, the last I checked, manipulation is not a part of Christianity so does the word ‘Allah’'
'So, which part on freedom of religion did the Christians not enjoy?'
'Therefore, why are you doing all these my dear brothers and sisters? Why are you challenging the Law? Why do you want to create tension? Are you seriously asking for war?'
Blogger S.D Roswell of Hardtalk
Finally something sensible is said by a Christian who is probably tired with all this posturing by the hothead Paderis and their DAP supporters who each probably have their own agendas for lack of a better term.
Thank you blogger Helen Ang for highlighting this post at Hardtalk:
Frankly as a Muslim I am tired of it all too, I am tired of Muslims being called racists, bigots, extremists, ignorant, weak all because of the ALLAH and the AlKitab issue. There are limits to ALLAH given patience you know.
So this is what the 10 point solution say in PM Najib's own words:
So why does the DAP leaders and supporters keep saying this:
“If the BN government promises that it will respect the 10-point solution in that Allah can still be used in church, why did they ban it in The Herald in the first place?”
Lim Guan Eng source here
Obviously the DAP leaders and their supporters and some Katholik Paderis really do not understand or refuse to understand [probably having their own political and religious agenda], the fragile interfaith situation that we have in Malaysia.
Blogger Helen noted on the 10 point Solution :
Ia tidak wajar bagi Penyelesaian 10 Perkara itu ditakrif oleh puak Kristian sebagai memberikan hak kepada mereka untuk menggunakan lafaz Allah sama ada di Selangor ataupun di mana-mana gereja di Semenanjung.
Sebenarnya orang Kristian masih tertakluk kepada undang-undang negeri di tempat mana mereka bermastautin.
- Control & Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Johore)Enactment 1991 (Enactment 12/1991);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Kedah)Enactment 1988 (Enactment 11/1988);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Kelantan)Enactment 1981 (Enactment 11/1981);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Malacca)Enactment 1988 (Enactment 1/1988);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Negeri Sembilan) Enactment 1991 (Enactment 9/1991);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Pahang)Enactment 1989 (Enactment 5/1989);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Perak)Enactment 1988 (Enactment 10/1988);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Selangor)Enactment 1988 (Enactment 1/1988);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion(Terengganu) Enactment 1980 (Enactment 1/1980);
- Control and Restriction of the Propagation of Non-Islamic Religion (Perlis)Enactment No. 6 of 2002
and she certainly hit the nail with this:
Sebenarnya ‘Allah’ setakat boleh digunakan di Sabah dan Sarawak manakala undang-undang negeri di setiap negeri semenanjung kecuali Pulau Pinang dan Wilayah Persekutuan tetap menyekat kegunaan kalimah suci itu oleh orang Kristian.
So now we have it folks, no more quarreling, no more stepping on each others toes:
1. The Apex Courts decided that the ban by KDN on the Herald Weekly not to use the word ALLAH in their Bahasa Melayu section stays.
2. The Al-Kitabs can be used by Christians in Sarawak and Sabah based on the 10 point solution.
3. In Semenanjung Malaysia, there is no ban on the use of the word ALLAH by non Muslims in Pulau Pinang and Wilayah Persekutuan.
4. In Semenanjung Malaysia, the ban on the use of the word ALLAH for non Muslims is in force in Selangor,Johor,Pahang,Perak,Kedah,Negeri Sembilan,Terengganu, Kelantan, Perlis and Melaka.
….and yes non of these Islamic enactment forbid non Muslims from practicing their religion OK, the ALLAH ban on non Muslims is more to ensure that proselytizing activities among Muslims by Christian Evangelists in particular are prevented.
So, lets let us just end this polemic and move on…Catholic Paderis? Can? don't listen to those DAP hate mongers OK, they will never bring anything good for you but themselves.